Round three...

The chemo bus was departing before I got a chance to put an entry in here yesterday. Typical fashion of me, I think I have all the time in the world at times. Even though we got there on time, early, as a matter of fact, it unfortunately took an hour past the scheduled appointment time for me to get hooked up and the drip running through my veins. I have no idea what they are thinking there with their scheduling tactics. I understand that these things take time, but it's not exactly where we want to be in the first place, and then, to make us wait for 45 minutes before even getting called back? There's GOT to be a better system. Greg gets so frustrated each time we are waiting there about the fact that it just says to him that the office doesn't respect the patients' time. Me? I get frustrated, too. I just want to get the hell out of there as quickly as possible.

But, round three was uneventful. Uneventful is good. I still get a little sleepy from the Benadryl, but not nearly as bad as the first time, and nothing a nice afternoon nap doesn't cure. I've been lucky the past couple of weeks with regards to work. I've been able to do things from home, seeing as I have the laptop connected directly to my system. It's a nice thing to have, and as long as my work in the office isn't slipping, I suppose I can take the time to rest when I need to. Or even when I want to. What the heck is *that* concept about.

I watched the drip from the IV bag for a little while yesterday. Slowly dripping into the tubes that feed directly in my veins. Watching as the volume of liquid got lower, and willing it to heal me. Willing it to work its magic or medicine or technology and make this right again. Willing the advances that have been made in research to keep coming. Thinking about how 2 years can buy me 10, and 20. Fifty happy years. That's what I'm shooting for...

I think I deserve it, damnit.


    Yes you deserve it! Does G go back there with you and keep you company, or do you bring an iPod and listen to music?